Mark Morgan - Many Contrasts

Czasem zdarza się, że kompozytorzy ścieżek dżwiękowych poza swą działalnością filmową są również autorami projektów związanych ze światem gier komputerowych. W tym dziale można podyskutować właśnie o tych "niesoundtrackowych" dokonaniach.
Wiadomość
Autor
Awatar użytkownika
Strange Sounds
Parkingowy przed studiem nagrań
Kontakt:

Mark Morgan - Many Contrasts

#1 Post autor: Strange Sounds » wt kwie 06, 2021 23:08 pm

Zawsze mnie zastanawiało z jakich sprzętów korzystał autor w 1998 roku, na pewno był tam Emulator II lub E-mu Emax, i jakieś bliżej mi nieznane sample.

youtu.be/5BNNC6BGNg0

Awatar użytkownika
dougan
Ghostwriter znanego twórcy

Re: Mark Morgan - Many Contrasts

#2 Post autor: dougan » śr kwie 07, 2021 01:00 am

To z wywiadu z 2008.
I’m a keyboard player and I play a little guitar. Right now the software I use is Logic Pro. I do most of my sound design and loops in either Ableton Live or Reason. Then I render the files. They ultimately end up in Logic, where I do all my sequencing. Last summer, I decided I wanted everything to reside inside one Mac, so I converted all my gigastudios into the EXS24 [sampler within Logic] and have slowly been replacing any hardware synths into virtual ones. Now that everything is inside one Mac, I’m able to have more control processing within Logic using plugins. I can work faster this way because when I’m through writing, it’s already mixed and I send it over to a second Mac, also running Logic, to record all the stems in one pass.
O samplach
I would say a combination of the two. I was using a Synclavier when I did those games so I did a lot of blending with traditional sources, synthesis and resampling. Then I f*cked them up as much as I could in the processing stage until they sounded good to me. The challenge to me and the fun part, especially in the Fallout games, was to blend this kind of odd ethnic and industrial sound design into something emotional and musical.
"No Don Davis = No Matrix. Simple as that."
~ Jon Burlingame

It’s not a character-driven movie and there’s no humor, there’s no love, there’s no soul.
- Rutger Hauer o Blade Runnerze 2049

Awatar użytkownika
Strange Sounds
Parkingowy przed studiem nagrań
Kontakt:

Re: Mark Morgan - Many Contrasts

#3 Post autor: Strange Sounds » śr kwie 07, 2021 10:12 am

Dzięki, teraz już wiem że używał Synclavier, spodziewałem się czegoś od E-mu czy Fairlight CMI, które pomimo wieku nadal brzmią wyjątkowo, szczególnie w niskich rejestrach.
Całe szczęście Arturia przeniosła te sprzęty na dzisiejsze komputery w postaci wtyczek.

ODPOWIEDZ