John Powell

Tutaj dyskutujemy w wątkach ogólnych o poszczególnych kompozytorach.
Wiadomość
Autor
Awatar użytkownika
Wawrzyniec
Hans Zimmer
Kontakt:

Re: John Powell

#376 Post autor: Wawrzyniec » śr mar 02, 2022 02:32 am

Adam pisze:
śr mar 02, 2022 00:13 am
Wawrzynowi cenzura na grupie Hansa usunęła jego długie i słuszne przemyślenie.
Dziękuję bardzo, jak ktoś chce, taki tekst napisałem na tej grupie:
First I would like to apologize for bringing politics into the group. If the Moderators have opinion, there is no place for such statements here I will accept it. I will only ask to let me know about it. But we're living in terrifying times, where sometimes we're trying to escapes the horrors of reality into movies, music, film music. We're are following are favorite film composers on social media and I must say that the last post of John Powell, who is one of my favorite TOP 10, when not TOP 5 composers, made me really sad. I saw it already yesterday night and didn't know how to react to it first. So after a bad sleep (I'm not sleeping now very well) I had, a strange need share my thoughts and feelings. So after doing a research (I have an academic background so it's my kind of working) and asking many people I came with this thought and feelings that I would like to share with you.

I'm living in Berlin, I love Germany as a country and I love the culture here. But I also know where I coming from. I'm coming from Poland, exactly Rzeszów South-East-Poland near the Ukraine border. My family is still there and I'm in constant contact with them. So I hear from my mum about the tensions, about the refugees coming from Ukraine and their stories about the horrors of war. My mum gave a free room for people fleeing from Ukraine. On the nearby airport you can hear military airplanes landing every day. Plus I know people helping on the border or those who are driving from Berlin to pick up people fleeing from war. I'm also in contact with them and I know from them that the allegations like in this BBC article that people are helping only refugees based on the color of their skin is NOT TRUE! As well as the FALSE "information", that only Ukrainians are letting through the border to Poland. Again it's NOT TRUE! Everybody except Ukrainian mens who must fight in war, can officially cross the polish border. Is everything working smoothly without problems? Are there no signs of racism and violence? Of course NOT! I talk to my family, friends who are helping at the border, who have contacts to humanitarian organizations, people and friends from Ukraine... There few things to know. First I personally know how the borders between Poland and Ukraine look like. It's not like the giant borders between USA and Mexico or Canada. There not so big and even I was surprised how small the border in Medyka is. There are not so many checkpoints and even in the old times of peace my father spend once 6 hours on the Ukrainian side till he could go back to Poland. Now I know Ukrainian families, women and children, who spend whole days till they could cross the polish side. It's also the EU-Schengen border and many of the people from Africa and Asia don't have Visas. The Ukrainian border officials also have problems with the order, that only women and children are allowed to pass the border. So you can blame the Polish side that it could work better. You can blame the Ukrainian side but also You can blame the embassies of some of the African and Asian countries that they didn't warn they citizens about the danger in war. Many embassies like for example the German one and also United States and more country, before the war has started has warned they citizens and suggest to the leave Ukraine. Last but not least there is this little small problem in Ukraine now called WAR. So of course there is chaos. Of course not everything is working smoothly, of course there is tension, people are on the edge and they maybe some unpleasant moments. Because of the allegations of racism I watched some materials from media as well the one on social media and... and I'm mentally exhausted. Of course I saw acts of racism, pure violence and the desperation. So yes on social media you can find materials where people are treated differently based on the color of the their skin. I saw videos of men pushing women and children and old people so they can be first in line. I saw people threatened with guns, knives and other weapons... After a while I needed to stop it because I saw everything what war makes out of people and where the humanity is lost. But I''m not judging anymore because all this people are in a terrible situation while I'm writing it from my safe place in Berlin. I don't know how I would behave in this situation as a refugee, a soldier or member of the border patrol. Maybe I would be a total coward trying at any cost to safe my own life. I really don't know... Plus that's not all the evil in the world, because the Polish police and border patrols are warning people about human traffickers at the borders. So yes in the times of war and humanitarian crisis there are still people who wants to capture young fleeing women for prostitution. With all this horrors it's also doesn't mean that people are not helping each other and I know many who are helping.

Well I'm not writing it because my polish pride was hurt. As I wrote I spend so much time in Germany, that sometimes I feel even more German than Polish. I'm not that type of guy who is waving with the Polish Flag and sing patriotic songs. I don't sympathize with the polish government (To put it mildly because I could swear really hard to describe them. Plus polish swearword are nothing compare to the English "f**k) and they deserved their reputation. So it's not about national pride but it's about the normal people, like my family and many, many more who are really helping in this terrible times. My mother is a German teacher and she has many contacts to her former students. One of them drove today a group of students from Congo, who passed the Polish/Ukrainian border. He drove them from the border to Kraków which is like 260 kilometers. Now they are safe, have an apartment there and are waiting for their flight back to home. I myself have remorse that I'm helping not enough sitting safe in Berlin. In few weeks I should be flying to Vienna for John Williams concert, then there should be Hans Zimmer' concert in Berlin in April but I can't think about it right now. It's hard times and I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown while watching and reading the news the whole day. These are terrible times and it hurts when the composer who I admire accused, me, my family, friends from Poland and Ukraine of being of racist bigots. Although as I wrote many are really on the edge and they are still helping.

Before the pandemic there was suppose to be a John Powell concert at Film Music Festival in Kraków in 2020. I bought the tickets and was very happy to see John Powell and listen to his music live, a dream come true! Now from John Powell's post I see he don't want to come to Kraków. Well I would love to if he would come to Kraków... Well if there in the near future will be a Festival and not for example... WAR.
But if John Powell don't want to come to Poland because in his opinion this is some kind of racist country I cannot force him to do it.
Well I will still listening to John Powell's music. I will still love the soundtracks for How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy which in my opinion is one of the best musical trilogies of the 21. Century! I will still listen and love the soundtrack for Solo: A Star Wars Story also having the opinion, that John Powell can take the musical duties from the legendary John Williams. Plus I will still joggin while listening to John Powell's "Tangiers" track, because it's an amazing example of action music! I will still do this, even if for John Powell I'm some racist bigot from a racist country somewhere in Europe...

Thank You for understanding and I apologize for the length of the text as well all the grammatical and stylistic errors. Plus I'm sorry fro bringing politics into the group.
Ale prawda jest taka, że już także The Rolling Stone, The Telegraph, CNN, The New York Times, a nawet cytat:
UN admits refugees have faced racism at Ukraine borders
Filippo Grandi, the organisation’s High Commissioner for Refugees, acknowledged this in a statement on Tuesday afternoon.
a więc yes, we are the baddies.
#WinaHansa #IStandByDaenerys

Awatar użytkownika
Adam
Jan Borysewicz

#377 Post autor: Adam » śr mar 02, 2022 07:37 am

Polskie obozy koncentracyjne !!
#FUCKVINYL

Awatar użytkownika
Ghostek
Hardkorowy Koksu
Kontakt:

#378 Post autor: Ghostek » śr mar 02, 2022 09:20 am

Dziennikarskie hieny zawsze sobie znajdą temat zastępczy. Olać krzykaczy i robić swoje.

Edit.
Popatrzyłem sobie na te filmiki. Klasyczny przykład manipulacji. W urywkach widzimy co się dzieje po stronie ukraińskiej, a kręcenie afery że to Polacy dyskryminują. Dziennikarskie szambo.
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
lis23
+ Ludvig van Beethoven +

#379 Post autor: lis23 » pt mar 11, 2022 20:15 pm

Obrazek

TRACKLIST

Disc 1:

Dragon Racing (1m1-INS) (Alternate Film Version) 1:04

Dragon Racing (1m1) (Original Opening Version) (4:40)

Where No One Goes (1m2s) (2:29) †

Together, We Map the World (1m3-4) (2:22)

Hiccup’s Gonna Be Chief (1m5) (3:20)

Eret Educates Hiccup (1m6) (1:45)

Drago’s Coming (2m7) (1:54)

Eret Has Visitors (2m8) (1:03)

Me Likey (2m9) (1:03

War is What He Wants (2m10) (1:53)

Hiccup and Toothless Attached (2m11) (2:34)

Dragon’s Lair (2m12) (1:34)

Should I Know You? (2m13) (1:57)

Valka’s Dragon Sanctuary (2m14) (0:55)

Hiccup & Valka Bond (2m15-16) (2:31)

Valka’s Flash - Good Alpha (3m17-18) (3:25)

I Grew Facial Hair For You (3m19) (1:20)

Flying With Mother (3m20) (2:50)

Can We Start Over? (3m21) (1:56)

Meet Drago (3m22) (4:28)

Stoick Finds Beauty (3m25-26) (2:43)

Get’ Em You Son of Eret (3m27) (1:43)

Courting Song (3m28s) (2:33) ††

Courting Song Instrumental (4m29) (0:54)

Battle of the Bewilderbeast (4m30) (6:29)

Disc Two:

Hiccup Confronts Drago (4m31) (4:09)

Stoick Saves Hiccup (4m32) (2:23)

Off to Valhalla (4m33) (3:47)

Riding to Drago’s (4m35) (1:02)

Alpha Comes to Berk (4m36-37) (2:22)

Toothless Comes Back (5m38) (3:50)

Challenging the Alpha (5m39a) (3:00)

The Chief Has Come Home (5m39b) (3:26)

Where No One Goes Reprise (5m40) (3:52) †

Bonus Tracks:

Dragon Racing (1m1) [DEMO] 4:36

Together, We Map the World (1m3-4) [DEMO] (2:37)

Valka’s Flash - Good Alpha (3m17-18) [DEMO] (3:26)

Flying with Mother (3m20) [DEMO] (2:50)

Off to Valhalla (4m33) [DEMO] (3:51)

Toothless Comes Back (5m38) [DEMO] (3:55)

Music Composed and Produced by John Powell

† John Powell & Jònsi

†† Gerard Butler, Mary Jane Wells & Craig Ferguson
Tylko On, Williams John ;)
Tylko on, Elton John ;) ;)

Awatar użytkownika
dougan
Ghostwriter znanego twórcy

#380 Post autor: dougan » pn maja 02, 2022 19:22 pm

"No Don Davis = No Matrix. Simple as that."
~ Jon Burlingame

It’s not a character-driven movie and there’s no humor, there’s no love, there’s no soul.
- Rutger Hauer o Blade Runnerze 2049

Awatar użytkownika
Adam
Jan Borysewicz

#381 Post autor: Adam » śr maja 04, 2022 08:03 am

Mondo wydaje winyl. Score cyfrowo WaterSRAŁER.
#FUCKVINYL

Awatar użytkownika
Adam
Jan Borysewicz

#382 Post autor: Adam » wt maja 31, 2022 21:02 pm

Video z całym drugim spotkaniem z Powellem na FMF : 40 minut wywiad + 40 minut sesja autografów.

https://www.facebook.com/soundtrackspl/ ... 5007973694

Video w 1080p będzie jutro, bo zajebisty YT potrzebuje całego dnia żeby procesować do HD takie duże pliki........ <załamka>
#FUCKVINYL

Awatar użytkownika
Pawel P.
Metallica
Kontakt:

#383 Post autor: Pawel P. » śr cze 01, 2022 11:08 am

No to ode mnie relacja z koncertu też w tym wątku.

https://kultura.onet.pl/muzyka/wywiady- ... ja/6zqkdtj

Awatar użytkownika
Wawrzyniec
Hans Zimmer
Kontakt:

#384 Post autor: Wawrzyniec » śr lip 27, 2022 20:28 pm

Podczas FMFu, Powell trochę mówił o tej ścieżce dźwiękowej do tego filmu Olivii Wilde. I mówił, że wykorzystał i bawił się kobiecym głosem. A więc pewnie to co jest w zwiastunie to przedsmak jak ta muzyka będzie grała:

youtu.be/bW9aRVXIwaY

A co do samego zwiastuna, to jakoś wygląda znajomo. Tylko, że ja znałem tę historię pod innym tytułem... Żony ze Stepford. :P

Awatar użytkownika
Mystery
James Horner

#385 Post autor: Mystery » ndz lip 31, 2022 10:30 am

Oglądając jeszcze pierwszą zapowiedź również skojarzyło mi się z "Żonami ze Stepford". A myślałem, że Powell nie robi już filmów w kategorii R, ostatni to bodajże Green Zone z 2010, ale cieszy kolejny projekt, choć, uwidacznia się jego kolejna tendencja, 1 filmu na rok...

2015 - Pan
2016 - Jason Bourne
2017 - Fernando
2018 - Han Solo
2019 - How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
2020 - The Call of the Wild
2021 - Locked Down
2022 - Don't Worry Darling

Choć teraz nad czymś pracuje, ale to pewnie projekt na przyszły rok... i ma też chyba robić Chicken Run 2, także może w 2023 bardziej nas rozpieści :wink:

Awatar użytkownika
Wawrzyniec
Hans Zimmer
Kontakt:

#386 Post autor: Wawrzyniec » ndz lip 31, 2022 17:16 pm

Nie wiedziałem, że powstają Uciekające Kurczaki? Tym bardziej, że nie wiem o czym miałby być ten film, skoro kurczaki... no uciekły. :?

Podczas FMFu Powell tak trochę mówił, że swego czasu potrzebował przerwę. Ale też przy moim pytaniu, zaprzeczył, jakoby muzyka filmowa nie sprawiała mu już przyjemności.

A co do filmu Wilde, to też go chwalił. I może on po prostu nie lubi filmów akcji, gdzie się zabijają. To w takim razie taki dziwny dramat społeczny bardziej mu odpowiada. I tak dobrze, że przy niby tak feministycznie brzmiącym projekcie nie postawiono na #SiłaKobiety jeżeli chodzi o kompozytora.

Awatar użytkownika
kiedyśgrześ
+ W.A. Mozart +

#387 Post autor: kiedyśgrześ » ndz lip 31, 2022 17:42 pm

Wawrzyniec pisze:
ndz lip 31, 2022 17:16 pm
Nie wiedziałem, że powstają Uciekające Kurczaki? Tym bardziej, że nie wiem o czym miałby być ten film, skoro kurczaki... no uciekły. :?
jak to o czym? sudańskie kurczaki przeskakują „ogrodzenie” Polska - Białoruś, wcześniej nabyły umiejętności w Moskwie, gdyż to wyrafinowane kruczki i na poziomie, kreatorzy nabiałowej cywilizacji normalnie, temat w sam raz dla Powella 😊
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Wawrzyniec
Hans Zimmer
Kontakt:

#388 Post autor: Wawrzyniec » ndz sie 28, 2022 14:16 pm

John Powell promuje ten film Olivii Wilde, czyli te Inne Żony Ze Stepford, ale coś czuję, że obok Gigli, czy Pluto Nash, będzie miał niestety kolejnego flopa w filmografii. Wokół filmu gromadzą się czarne chmury, wychodzą zakulisowe brudy i nawet sama Florence Pugh jakoś na swoich social mediach nie wspomina o tej produkcji, promując inne.

Coś nie ma szczęścia Powell do produkcji, które nie są animowane.

Awatar użytkownika
kiedyśgrześ
+ W.A. Mozart +

#389 Post autor: kiedyśgrześ » ndz sie 28, 2022 16:00 pm

ojej :)
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Adam
Jan Borysewicz

#390 Post autor: Adam » pn wrz 05, 2022 14:29 pm

Wawrzyniec pisze:
ndz sie 28, 2022 14:16 pm
Florence Pugh
ważniejsze, że nie będzie go promowała ani uczestniczyła w konfie prasowej w Wenecji.
musiało tam grubo być :D

w ogóle śmieszny ten Powell - akcyjniaków nie zrobi BO SIĘ ZABIJAJO, ale film z robieniem loda od laski która nie ma pojęcia o reżyserii, a aktorką jest marną, już tak :mrgreen:
#FUCKVINYL

ODPOWIEDZ