Bear McCreary

Tutaj dyskutujemy w wątkach ogólnych o poszczególnych kompozytorach.
Wiadomość
Autor
Awatar użytkownika
Bucholc Krok
Jean-Baptiste Lully

Re: Bear McCreary

#121 Post autor: Bucholc Krok » wt gru 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Wychodzi jutro z Mondo.

Obrazek

Obrazek
"Wszyscy się koncentrują na tej wymianie słów z Lechem Wałęsą, który jest niesłychanie szybki, jeżeli chodzi o riposty, i tutaj ma taki intelekt najwyższych lotów" Rafał "Rafaello" Trzaskowski, prezydęt Warszawy

Awatar użytkownika
Mystery
James Horner

#122 Post autor: Mystery » pn kwie 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Obrazek

1. Colossal Prologue (2:20)
2. A Monster Hypothesis (5:19)
3. A Walk in the Park (2:18)
4. Jealousy (3:13)
5. Have a Beer (4:45)
6. The Most Irresponsible Thing (3:06)
7. Birth of the Monster (3:44)
8. Confronting Oscar (4:15)
9. Separate Ways (5:39)
10. The Colossal Finale Part 1 (4:06)
11. The Colossal Finale Part 2 (1:59)

The soundtrack will be released digitally on April 7, 2017 and physically on May 12 by Lakeshore Records.

Nieco o muzie od kompozytora i kawałek do obadania:
http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/featur ... t#/slide/1

Może będzie podobna pozytywna niespodzianka jak przy "Cloverfield Lane 10" :)

Awatar użytkownika
Kaonashi
Joe Hisaishi

#123 Post autor: Kaonashi » pn kwie 03, 2017 12:54 pm

No nie wiem, średniawa ta zajawka.
Gdyby nie piraci, byłbym jak Zbigniew Hołdys - Eric Clapton.

Awatar użytkownika
Mystery
James Horner

#124 Post autor: Mystery » pn kwie 03, 2017 13:02 pm

Tak jak mówi w tym wywiadzie, dopiero w finale mają zacząć się dziać większe rzeczy ;)

McCreary took an unusual approach to working on the film – he started at the end. “It was vitally important that the score deliver an epic, soaring finale, without overpowering or destroying the tone of the film. The last 12 minutes of the film was the first thing I wrote. Once the final reel was approved by the director and studio it was an easier process to reverse engineer the rest of the score.” He continued, “I wanted the score to feel almost schizophrenic for the first hour of the film. Like, some edgy indie rock band scored half of it, and a classically-trained orchestral composer scored the other half. Then, as the film progresses, the two musical styles merge to form a coherent vision.”

Awatar użytkownika
Kaonashi
Joe Hisaishi

#125 Post autor: Kaonashi » pt kwie 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Mystery pisze:
pn kwie 03, 2017 13:02 pm
Tak jak mówi w tym wywiadzie, dopiero w finale mają zacząć się dziać większe rzeczy ;)
Czyżby o to chodziło?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILho030bY8
Gdyby nie piraci, byłbym jak Zbigniew Hołdys - Eric Clapton.

Awatar użytkownika
Ghostek
Hardkorowy Koksu
Kontakt:

#126 Post autor: Ghostek » pt kwie 07, 2017 13:51 pm

Ale score jest taki se. Dostałem jakieś 2 tyg temu i nie powiem, żeby po pierwszym odsłuchu mnie jakoś mega mocno porwał. Ot dobre rzemieślniczo słuchowisko z charakterystycznymi idiomami warsztatowymi Misia. Może i kolejne odsłuchy coś przyniosą, tak samo jak i film, ale póki co bez szału.
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Mystery
James Horner

#127 Post autor: Mystery » pt kwie 07, 2017 16:42 pm

Yep, standardowe misiowe granie bez większych wyróżników i zachwytów, ale jak na taką niezależną hybrydę komedii i sci-fi pewnie jeszcze ujdzie, jednak, że jako to film o Kaiju w Korei, to jednak trochę inaczej wyobrażałem sobie ten finał :wink:

Awatar użytkownika
Ghostek
Hardkorowy Koksu
Kontakt:

#128 Post autor: Ghostek » czw sie 31, 2017 19:59 pm

COMPOSER BEAR McCREARY CHANNELS PERCUSSIVE SOUNDS OF THE TYPEWRITER TO SCORE J.D. SALINGER BIOPIC - REBEL IN THE RYE

Sparks & Shadows To Release Soundtrack On September 8th

(August 31, 2017 – Culver City, CA) Composer Bear McCreary (10 Cloverfield Lane, TV’s Outlander), known for his infectious use of percussive instruments and out-of-the-box musical approach, channels the sounds of the typewriter for the score for the J.D. Salinger biopic, Rebel in the Rye. Sparks & Shadows will release the soundtrack on September 8th.

Rebel in the Rye may very well be a score that McCreary was destined to write. The son of a novelist, the sound of a typewriter has been a companion since he was a child. “The percussive cadence of typewriter tapping has rattled around my brain since I was born,” he said. Scoring Rebel in the Rye gave McCreary the chance to channel those sounds, both figuratively and literally, into a rich, orchestral tapestry.

It took some convincing, though, for writer/director Danny Strong to see that McCreary, more known for films such as 10 Cloverfield Lane, and TV shows like The Walking Dead and Battlestar Galactica, was the right man for the job. The two however shared a connection and musical inspiration – the great Elmer Bernstein. After learning that McCreary was Elmer’s last protégé, working with him for nearly a decade, Strong was intrigued, and asked for musical demos from the composer. Any reservations Strong may have had were quickly put to rest, and the two worked closely together during the scoring process.

Inspired by the images of Salinger typing away at his greatest masterpiece, McCreary opted to use two grand pianos to represent its sound. “The close-up shots of typewriter hammers striking paper reminded me of hammers striking piano strings,” stated McCreary. “The way Salinger sits at the typewriter, blasting off furious finger movements, reminded me of how I sit at the piano when I play.” A different kind of keyboard – an actual typewriter – makes an appearance as a percussive instrument, and can be heard on the tracks “Early Writing” and “Typewriter Drums.”

Just as the song ‘Coming Through the Rye’ played an important role for Salinger in The Catcher in the Rye, it would play an important role for McCreary. A bit of a scholar on Scottish music, he arranged a new version of it, which is performed by McCreary’s wife, vocalist Raya Yarbrough. Rebel in the Rye also allowed McCreary to show off his jazz chops. Together with jazz arranger Jeff Hoeppner, he composed original numbers for the scenes set in swinging jazz clubs.

Rebel in the Rye afforded McCreary the opportunity to write perhaps his most personal score to date. “I am proud to have been a part of Danny Strong’s unique vision of J.D. Salinger’s literary gifts, and to have scored a film of such poignant beauty,” McCreary concluded.

The genius of J.D. Salinger is brought to life by writer/director Danny Strong, underscored by Bear McCreary. IFC Films presents Rebel in the Rye in theaters on September 8, 2017. Sparks & Shadows will release the Rebel in the Rye soundtrack digitally the same day, and on CD shortly thereafter.

Track Listing
1 Innocence (Theme from Rebel in the Rye)
2 Early Writing
3 Giving the Time
4 Sowing Your Wild Oats
5 A True Writer
6 Oonlight Serenade
7 Impending War
8 Celebration at the Stork Club
9 Typewriter Drums
10 Simply Grand
11 Inspiration at War
12 Wartime Anxiety
13 Bananafish
14 Writing Catcher
15 Coming Through the Rye – performed by Raya Yarbrough
16 City Without the City
17 A Request From Whit
18 He Was Writing
19 Rebel in the Rye End Credits
Dario Marianelli się znalazł.

Ale... wierzcie lub nie, ale to jeden z lepszych Bearów jakie miałem do tej pory okazję słyszeć. Przyjemny, plumkający score, który nie boi się zarówno minimalizmu, jak i przejmującej dramaturgii. Charakterystyczne perki poszły w cień, tylko od czasu do czasu dając o sobie znać. Ale score zaskakująco intymny, przyjemny. Przy czym mocno przesiany jest jazzowo-swingowymi wstawkami.

Bardzo zaskoczył mnie Bear tą pracą. :)
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Wawrzyniec
Hans Zimmer
Kontakt:

#129 Post autor: Wawrzyniec » czw sie 31, 2017 23:22 pm

Hm, to zahacza o jakąś plagę, najpierw Djawadi, a teraz McCreary zaczyna plumkać. :P
#WinaHansa #IStandByDaenerys

Awatar użytkownika
Ghostek
Hardkorowy Koksu
Kontakt:

#130 Post autor: Ghostek » wt wrz 05, 2017 07:53 am

Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Mystery
James Horner

#131 Post autor: Mystery » śr wrz 13, 2017 13:38 pm

Ghostek pisze:
czw sie 31, 2017 19:59 pm
COMPOSER BEAR McCREARY CHANNELS PERCUSSIVE SOUNDS OF THE TYPEWRITER TO SCORE J.D. SALINGER BIOPIC - REBEL IN THE RYE

Sparks & Shadows To Release Soundtrack On September 8th

(August 31, 2017 – Culver City, CA) Composer Bear McCreary (10 Cloverfield Lane, TV’s Outlander), known for his infectious use of percussive instruments and out-of-the-box musical approach, channels the sounds of the typewriter for the score for the J.D. Salinger biopic, Rebel in the Rye. Sparks & Shadows will release the soundtrack on September 8th.

Rebel in the Rye may very well be a score that McCreary was destined to write. The son of a novelist, the sound of a typewriter has been a companion since he was a child. “The percussive cadence of typewriter tapping has rattled around my brain since I was born,” he said. Scoring Rebel in the Rye gave McCreary the chance to channel those sounds, both figuratively and literally, into a rich, orchestral tapestry.

It took some convincing, though, for writer/director Danny Strong to see that McCreary, more known for films such as 10 Cloverfield Lane, and TV shows like The Walking Dead and Battlestar Galactica, was the right man for the job. The two however shared a connection and musical inspiration – the great Elmer Bernstein. After learning that McCreary was Elmer’s last protégé, working with him for nearly a decade, Strong was intrigued, and asked for musical demos from the composer. Any reservations Strong may have had were quickly put to rest, and the two worked closely together during the scoring process.

Inspired by the images of Salinger typing away at his greatest masterpiece, McCreary opted to use two grand pianos to represent its sound. “The close-up shots of typewriter hammers striking paper reminded me of hammers striking piano strings,” stated McCreary. “The way Salinger sits at the typewriter, blasting off furious finger movements, reminded me of how I sit at the piano when I play.” A different kind of keyboard – an actual typewriter – makes an appearance as a percussive instrument, and can be heard on the tracks “Early Writing” and “Typewriter Drums.”

Just as the song ‘Coming Through the Rye’ played an important role for Salinger in The Catcher in the Rye, it would play an important role for McCreary. A bit of a scholar on Scottish music, he arranged a new version of it, which is performed by McCreary’s wife, vocalist Raya Yarbrough. Rebel in the Rye also allowed McCreary to show off his jazz chops. Together with jazz arranger Jeff Hoeppner, he composed original numbers for the scenes set in swinging jazz clubs.

Rebel in the Rye afforded McCreary the opportunity to write perhaps his most personal score to date. “I am proud to have been a part of Danny Strong’s unique vision of J.D. Salinger’s literary gifts, and to have scored a film of such poignant beauty,” McCreary concluded.

The genius of J.D. Salinger is brought to life by writer/director Danny Strong, underscored by Bear McCreary. IFC Films presents Rebel in the Rye in theaters on September 8, 2017. Sparks & Shadows will release the Rebel in the Rye soundtrack digitally the same day, and on CD shortly thereafter.

Track Listing
1 Innocence (Theme from Rebel in the Rye)
2 Early Writing
3 Giving the Time
4 Sowing Your Wild Oats
5 A True Writer
6 Oonlight Serenade
7 Impending War
8 Celebration at the Stork Club
9 Typewriter Drums
10 Simply Grand
11 Inspiration at War
12 Wartime Anxiety
13 Bananafish
14 Writing Catcher
15 Coming Through the Rye – performed by Raya Yarbrough
16 City Without the City
17 A Request From Whit
18 He Was Writing
19 Rebel in the Rye End Credits
Dario Marianelli się znalazł.

Ale... wierzcie lub nie, ale to jeden z lepszych Bearów jakie miałem do tej pory okazję słyszeć. Przyjemny, plumkający score, który nie boi się zarówno minimalizmu, jak i przejmującej dramaturgii. Charakterystyczne perki poszły w cień, tylko od czasu do czasu dając o sobie znać. Ale score zaskakująco intymny, przyjemny. Przy czym mocno przesiany jest jazzowo-swingowymi wstawkami.

Bardzo zaskoczył mnie Bear tą pracą. :)
Ano dobra praca, fajny jazz i liryczna dramaturgia, chyba pierwszy raz można rzecz, że Bear to spadkobierca Elmera Bernsteina ;)

Awatar użytkownika
Mystery
James Horner

#132 Post autor: Mystery » śr wrz 13, 2017 17:24 pm

Kolejny Bear...

Obrazek

1. Jennifer and Omar
2. The White Board
3. Magnetic Resonance Imaging
4. Jessica
5. Lee-Ray
6. Mysterious Green Stuff
7. No Thoughts No Words
8. Conversion Disorder
9. Joyful Tears
10. So Many Lost
11. Karina
12. Whitney
13. Patience (feat. Ren Gill)
14. I Am Still Here
15. And After All (Bonus Track) (feat. McKian)

soundtrack will be released digitally on September 22, 2017

Awatar użytkownika
Ghostek
Hardkorowy Koksu
Kontakt:

#133 Post autor: Ghostek » śr wrz 13, 2017 20:37 pm

Wiem, mam, może dziś posłucham.
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Mystery
James Horner

#134 Post autor: Mystery » pt wrz 15, 2017 18:14 pm

Awatar użytkownika
Ghostek
Hardkorowy Koksu
Kontakt:

#135 Post autor: Ghostek » wt wrz 19, 2017 22:25 pm

Mystery pisze:
śr wrz 13, 2017 17:24 pm
Kolejny Bear...

Obrazek

No to Misiu przyhipsterzył.

Zaczyna się ładnymi solówkami smyczkowymi, a później wielkie zaskoczenie... Dochodzi nam ambient, mnóstwo atmosferycznego grania i od groma eksperymentów z gitarami i elektroniką.
Jest to chyba najbardziej oderwana od Misiowego warsztatu praca ostatnich lat. Stylowe, minimalistyczne granie, bez grama perkusjonaliów, czy innych mocarnych akcentów. Po raz kolejny po "Rebelu" maluje się na mojej twarzy niemałe zaskoczenie, bo okazuje się, że w filmie ten kompozytor ma ostatnio coraz więcej do zaprezentowania. Czy będzie to wszystko łatwo przyswajalne dla statystycznego słuchacza? O tym będzie musiał każdy zadecydować indywidualnie. Ale od razu mówię, że te trzy kwadranse do najłatwiejszych należeć nie będą.

Klimatyczne granie w sam raz na długie, chłodne wieczory.
Obrazek

ODPOWIEDZ