Musiałem założyć temat, OMG
Emmy wypuściło nowy, aż... dwu i pół godzinny (!) fantastyczny video wywiad-rzekę z Contim z jego domu. Rozmowę prowadził Jon Burlingame.
Spis treści wywiadu:
- On his childhood and early influences; on his parents' talent for playing piano and his start playing piano; on attending Louisiana State University on a bassoon scholarship
- On attending Juilliard; on wanting to write dramatic music; on moving to Rome; on becoming music supervisor on the film "Bloom in Love"
- On returning to the U.S.; on ghost-writing for Italian composers; on recording sessions at Burbank Studios and scoring "Harry and Tonto" in 1974
- On composing for "Rocky"; on being asked to conduct and be music director for The Academy Awards; on playing someone off when their acceptance speech goes long
- On being music director for The Academy Awards
- On his work for television; on writing the theme/main title to an Esther and Richard Shapiro script called Oil, later known as Dynasty
- On composing the theme for Earl Hamner, Jr.'s Falcon Crest; on differences between composing for film and television
- On composing the main title theme to Cagney & Lacey; on the Dynasty spin-off, The Colbys
- On writing music for news programs
- On composing for sports programs and the New York City Marathon
- On composing for producer David L. Wolper's miniseries North and South; on how composing for the second and third installments differed from the first
- On themes he wrote for short-lived television shows and for television movies
- On composing the title song for the James Bond film "For Your Eyes Only"
- On winning an Oscar for scoring "The Right Stuff"; on scoring "The Karate Kid" movies
- On his memories of television as a kid; on then-current projects (2010) and advice for composers
- On his proudest career achievements, his biggest regret, and how he'd like to be remembered
The Archive Of American Television - EMMY Legends: http://www.emmytvlegends.org/interviews ... bill-conti