EL GUARDIÁN INVISIBLE
Retail Price: 12.95€
Availability date 3/01/2017
Quartet Records and A3 Media present the new score composed by Fernando Velázquez (A Monster Calls, Crimson Peak, Mama, The Impossible) for the Spanish thriller-drama directed by Fernando González Molina, based on the popular novel written by Dolores Redondo.
Inspector Amaia Salazar (Marta Etura) heads an investigation which will take her back to Elizondo, the rainy village in the heart of Navarre where she was born, and to which she had hoped never to return. Divided between the rational, procedural part of her job and local myths and superstitions, Amaia must fight off the demons of her past in order to confront the reality of a serial killer on the loose.
Fernando Velázquez provides an intense, exciting and highly vigorous score with thick orchestral colors—lyrical, dark and rhythmic, including a haunting main theme. The music is sensitively performed by the Navarre Symphony Orchestra under the baton of the composer.
http://www.quartetrecords.com/el-guardi ... sible.html
01. Viaje a Elizondo (1:43)
02. Ha desaparecido otra niña (2:18)
03. Los recuerdos de Amaia (2:39)
04. Otro hallazgo junto al río (5:07)
05. La historia de Basajaun (6:34)
06. Investigación (2:11)
07. El secreto de Freddy (3:16)
08. No te vayas nunca (3:28)
09. Atando cabos (4:09)
10. La lectura del tarot (2:38)
11. El secreto de Montes (5:25)
12. Ir al origen (5:18)
13. Amaia y su madre (4:13)
14. Hallazgos macabros (7:05)
15. Los motivos del asesino (3:19)
16. Algunas explicaciones (6:01)
17. El guardián invisible (1:01)
SOTTO IL SEGNO DELLO SCORPIONE
Retail Price: 16.95€
Availability date 3/01/2017
Quartet Records and Gruppo Sugar present the world-premiere release of Vittorio Gelmetti's experimental score for the cult movie Sotto il segno dello scorpione (also known as Under the Sign of Scorpio).
Directed by Vittorio and Paolo Taviani, the film takes place in a kind of fantastic prehistoric time when volcanos ravage and wipe entire civilizations off the face of the earth. When an island gets buried under lava and ash, a group of survivors manages to get away and reach a nearby island where they come across another tribe. The two clans don’t seem to get along as the newcomers engage in weird rituals and are just a general nuisance for the natives. While there is a more important goal to be achieved as the travelers try to convince their new mates to travel to the much safer mainland, the contact between two civilizations soon ends in violence, beatings and hogtied women…
Scoring for Sotto il segno dello scorpione posed a special challenge for Vittorio Gelmetti as he had to create music for a fictional prehistoric society—that is, he had to write music for a period that required a historical perspective yet had no known musical culture. Instead of looking back to the past of banging rocks and sticks together, Gelmetti looked forward to the future, where innovative electronic solutions, atonal symphonic elements and the haunting vocals of the Nora Orlandi choir could easily comingle. The gradual breakdown of communication between the two clans is underscored with a whimsical twist on contemporary concert music, whose raw energy is harvested to pile upon the conflict-heavy interactions of the cavemen.
While three mono tracks of the score were previously released on a contemporary EP, this is the first-ever complete release of this engaging, experimental score in full stereo, mastered by Claudio Fuiano from first-generation master tapes vaulted at Gruppo Sugar. Eight-page, full-color booklet includes liner notes by Gergely Hubai, discussing the film, the composer and the score.
http://www.quartetrecords.com/sotto-il- ... pione.html
01. Continuo Alfa (4:38)
02. Organum Duplum (0:49)
03. Rito (2:16)
04. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Risonanze 1) (8:07)
05. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Continuo Beta) (1:11)
06. Rito (Alternate take) (2:37)
07. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Stasi) (9:12)
08. Continuo Alfa (Take 2) (4:51)
09. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Continuo Beta 2) (1:12)
10. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Continente) (5:14)
11. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Continuo Delta) (1:19)
12. Organum Duplum (Alternate take) (0:48)
13. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Sequenza A) (4:38)
14. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Ricordo) (3:39)
15. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Continuo Delta 2) (1:10)
16. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Sequenza B) (0:56)
17. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Risonanze 2) (4:04)
18. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Sequenza C) (1:06)
19. Sotto il segno dello scorpione (Lontano) (3:50)
20. Continuo Alfa (Ripresa finale) (5:14)
Total Disc Time: 67:41
Limited Collector’s Edition of 300 units.
THE 5TH MUSKETEER
Retail Price: 16.95€
Availability date 3/01/2017
Quartet Records and Gruppo Sugar give premiere release of epic historical score composed by Riz Ortolani (Mondo Cane, The Yellow Rolls-Royce, Valentina, Fantasma d’amore).
Though the title may indicate The Fifth Musketeer is related to the popular musketeer films directed by Richard Lester in the 1970s, Ken Annakin's movie is actually an adaptation of “The Man in the Iron Mask.” Playing dual roles as King Louis XIV and his forgotten twin brother, Beau Bridges is aided by his father, Lloyd Bridges, José Ferrer, Cornel Wilde and Alan Hale Jr. Bond babe Ursula Andress and “Emmanuelle” herself, Sylvia Kristel, lend European sex appeal to the story—perhaps a bit too much as the film lost 14 minutes in its tamer, American cut.
Riz Ortolani had previously worked together with director Ken Annakin on the Rachel Welch vehicle The Biggest Bundle of Them All (1968) and brought the same level of energy to the passionate retelling of “The Man in the Iron Mask.” The music features a thunderous adventure theme as well as clever jazz stingers and court music in an ingenious blend of deliberately anachronistic underscoring. And even if you've seen the film, quite a bit of the music will sound brand new as several cues were dialed down in the film, so the CD is the only way to get the full score.
While an original soundtrack was planned for the film, it was never released—until now. The new CD presents the original album master as assembled by the composer, plus bonus material—together totaling over an hour in length, all mastered by Claudio Fuiano from first-generation master tapes. Eight-page full-color booklet includes liner notes by Gergely Hubai that discuss the film, the composer and the score.
THE ORIGINAL ALBUM MOCK-UP
01. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.1) (4.11)
02. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.2) (2:06)
03. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.3) (2:28)
04. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.4) (2:11)
05. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.5) (2:30)
06. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.6) (2:13)
07. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.7) (3:30)
08. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.8 ) (2:33)
09. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.9) (3:01)
10. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.10) (2:42)
BONUS TRACKS AND FILM VERSIONS
11. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.11) (1:39)
12. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.12) (2:34)
13. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.13) (1:45)
14. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.14) (1:37)
15. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.15) (3:56)
16. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.16) (1:46)
17. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.17) (1:38)
18. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.18) (2:42)
19. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.19) (3:00)
20. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.20) (1:27)
21. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.21) (1:56)
22. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.22) (2:05)
23. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.23) (1:23)
24. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.24) (1:53)
25. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.25) (5:48)
26. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.26) (1:41)
27. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.27) (2:12)
28. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.28) (2:17)
29. The Fifth Musketeer (seq.29) (2:42)
Total Disc Time: 72:40
Limited Collector’s Edition of 500 units.