Poltergeist 2 (Complete & Remastered) - Kritzerland

W tym miejscu piszemy o wszelkich sprawach dotyczących wydań muzyki filmowej, zarówno tych limitowanych, jak i tych nieco szerzej dostępnych. Jeśli szukasz jakiejś rzadkiej płyty, chcesz się dowiedzieć gdzie ją kupić, od kogo i za ile to jest miejsce dla Ciebie
Wiadomość
Autor
Awatar użytkownika
Adam
Jan Borysewicz

Poltergeist 2 (Complete & Remastered) - Kritzerland

#1 Post autor: Adam » czw sie 22, 2013 10:26 am

And yes, it's the complete (at long last!) Poltergeist II. We've gone back to the original three-track mixes so we didn't have to deal with the previous CDs various EQs, none of which were to my liking and the last of which is mastered so hot as to defy credulity. The four missing short cues are there. No alternates, but we are including bonus tracks of two cues that appear without choir in the film (they were scored to have the choir and appear that way in the main program - but we have the instrumental-only versions in the bonus section) along with some other odds and ends that are fun. Very excited about this one and yes, it's more than 1000 and less than 2000 - given it's prior release history I wasn't comfortable with 2000, whereas I was with 1500, which I think will move just fine. At 2000 I'd have to read the endless litany of "I'm fine with the Varese" - you know what I mean.
#FUCKVINYL

Szczypior
George Lucas

Re: Poltergeist 2 (Complete & Remastered) - Kritzerland

#2 Post autor: Szczypior » czw sie 22, 2013 10:40 am

E taam. Do jedynki nie ma startu nawet.

Awatar użytkownika
kiedyśgrześ
+ W.A. Mozart +

#3 Post autor: kiedyśgrześ » czw sie 22, 2013 11:55 am

tak, tak, siedź tylko człowieku i rób na te płyty, na 5 minut dodatkowego materiału i tysiąc alternatów, a paszła won :!: :P

a ja mam niechcący tego starego bootlega na tłoczonych płytkach, gołe po stronie etykiety :P

1. The Power (7:52)
2. The Gift (2:04)
3. Who Are You? (2:14)
4. Late Call (3:30)
5. They're Back (3:42)
6. Butterflies (0:54)
7. Let Me In! (6:44)
8. Dental Problems (2:22)
9. The Plan (3:20)
10. The Smoke (4:47)

1. The Worm (8:11)
2. Back To Cuesta Verde (3:19)
3. Reaching Out (8:33)
4. Carol Ann's Theme (3:08)
5. The Plan (Film Version) (4:18)
6. Back To Cuesta Verde (Film Version) (4:19)
7. Reaching Out (Film Version) (11:07)
8. Things (2:02)
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
muaddib_dw
Zdobywca Oscara

#4 Post autor: muaddib_dw » ndz sie 25, 2013 11:23 am

O ile faktycznie jakość remasteru będzie powalająca to czemu nie.

Awatar użytkownika
Adam
Jan Borysewicz

#5 Post autor: Adam » pn sie 26, 2013 16:48 pm

Kritzerland is proud to present a 2-CD set for a one CD-price – the first complete release of:

Obrazek

POLTERGEIST II: THE OTHER SIDE

Music Composed and Conducted by Jerry Goldsmith

“THEY’RE BACK…”

In 1982, Steven Spielberg gave the movie world a one-two punch – Poltergeist, which he co-wrote and produced, and a little movie called E.T. Poltergeist delighted audiences and critics – it was the best kind of horror film: a carnival fun ride, a rollercoaster that could have you laughing out loud one minute and screaming in terror the next, all with a shiver-inducing Twilight Zone kind of creepiness.

Since sequels were becoming the norm and were big business, it was not much of a surprise when Poltergeist II: The Other Side went before the cameras – the only surprise was that it took four years to do so. Back were the lovable and endearing Freling family and the actors who played them (Craig T. Nelson, Jobeth Williams, Oliver Robins and Heather O’Rourke), and Zelda Rubinstein as the psychic. In the director’s chair this time was Brian Gibson, and the writers were Michael Grais and Mark Victor who, with Spielberg, had written the original Poltergeist.

While the film wasn’t the success of its predecessor, it did make money and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Visual Effects. The reviews were middling at the time because there was disappointment (as there usually is with sequels of any kind) that it didn’t live up to the first film. But viewed years later without that baggage, the film does have its pleasures, with wonderful performances by the leads, and a truly one-off and incredibly creepy performance by Julian Beck, the kind of performance that induces nightmares. But what takes the film to a whole other level is the same thing that took Poltergeist to a whole other level – the magnificent score by Jerry Goldsmith.

Goldsmith’s score for Poltergeist had been nominated for an Academy Award (losing to the other Spielberg film, E.T.). But rather than just rehash that score, he chose to just use the “Carol Anne” theme and a few other bits and pieces from the first film, and a lot of new material. Goldsmith uses his usual orchestral forces with some electronics and choir mixed in to good effect. The “Carol Anne” theme occurs every now and then and is, of course, one of the most memorable and beautiful themes he ever wrote. The music for Poltergeist II is ethereal, majestic, suspenseful, heart pounding, and tender. It is also its own distinct thing – it’s not Poltergeist because the film is not just a rehash of the first film.

For this first time ever complete release of Poltergeist II: The Other Side, we have gone back to the original three-track mixdowns as prepared by Jerry Goldsmith. All cues are present and accounted for. Furthermore, we have some bonus tracks – two cues that were on the previous CDs with choir, as they were recorded, were played in the film without the choir and we’ve included those film versions. Also, the cue “Late Call” had a toy phone sound effect on the first release, that wasn’t included on the second, but was on the third – we include it in our bonus section, just for completeness sake, and there are several other nice bonus tracks, including an alternate version of one of the new cues making its first appearance on this CD.

It is a pleasure to release this wonderful Goldsmith score from one of his most fertile periods, complete and in beautiful sound. There was no one like Jerry Goldsmith – he was a film music force like no other. He could do anything – romance, comedy, drama, horror, sci-fi, thriller, mystery – his music has made great films greater and mediocre films tolerable. He understood film music and its purpose as well as any film composer who ever lived.

POLTERGEIST II: THE OTHER SIDE is limited to 1500 copies only and the 2-CD set is priced at $19.98, plus shipping.

CD will ship the second week of October, but preorders placed at Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks early (we’ve been averaging four weeks). To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit

DISC 1

01 The Power
02 Things
03 The Mall
04 The Past
05 Late Call
06 The Dream
07 Clouds/It’s No Use
08 Take Care
09 Butterflies
10 The Visitor
11 Wild Braces
12 Leave Us Alone
13 The Smoke
14 The Drink
15 The Worm/Out of the Ceiling
16 Faces/Back to Cuesta Verde
17 Reaching Out
18 End Title (Carol Anne’s Theme)

DISC 2 Bonus Tracks

01 Wild Braces (Film Version)
02 The Worm (Film Version)
03 The Visitor (without choir)
04 The Smoke (without choir)
05 The Dream (alternate version)
06 Late Call (with toy telephone sound effect)
07 It’s No Use (choir track)
08 Star Spangled Banner
#FUCKVINYL

Awatar użytkownika
muaddib_dw
Zdobywca Oscara

#6 Post autor: muaddib_dw » wt sie 27, 2013 14:54 pm

Najszybsza sprzedaż Kritzerlandu. Prawie cały nakład sprzedany w ciągu kilu godzin :!:

Awatar użytkownika
Marek Łach
+ Jerry Goldsmith +

#7 Post autor: Marek Łach » czw sie 29, 2013 10:53 am

Ktoś się załapał? :) I na cholerę ta druga płyta?

Awatar użytkownika
Tomek
Redaktor Kaktus
Kontakt:

#8 Post autor: Tomek » czw sie 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Pytanie zasadne do co drugiego dzisiejszego wydania... Przynajmniej za tą drugą płytę ceny sztucznie nie podnieśli do 25 albo 30 dolarów...
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Adam
Jan Borysewicz

#9 Post autor: Adam » czw sie 29, 2013 16:22 pm

no tak, tutaj dali 2cd w cenie 1cd, choć też nie tak do końca bo jednak kosztuje 19,99 :D no ale jednak dalej zawsze to nie 24,98 lub 29,99...
#FUCKVINYL

ODPOWIEDZ